News and Current Events
2016 Town Meeting Preparation Keydates can be found here.
NH Hands-Free Law In Effect
The law stipulates, "No person, while driving a moving motor vehicle upon a way or temporarily halted in traffic for a traffic control device or other momentary delay, shall use any hand-held mobile electronic device..."
In case you were wondering, the new hands-free law does apply to tractors.
- No use of hand-held electronic devices capable of providing voice or data communication while driving or temporarily halted in traffic for a stop sign or traffic signal or other momentary delays
- This includes cell phones, GPS, tablets, iPods, iPads or other devices that require data entry
- Emergency calls to 911 or other public safety agencies will be allowed
- Bluetooth or other hands-free electronic devices will be allowed
- One hand non-cellular 2-way radio use will be allowed
- Teen drivers under the age of 18 will not be allowed to use any electronic devices (hand-held or not) except to report an emergency. Anyone violating this will be subject to penalties and license suspension or revocation.
- If your vehicle is not equipped with Bluetooth functionality, auto service centers can install after-market systems or over the ear devices can be purchased at retailers such as Staples, Best Buy or your cell phone carrier.
For more information see: http://www.handsfreenh.com
Many thanks to the Plainfield Energy Committee for their effort to bring solar power to Plainfield and Cornish. As a result, an electic vehicle charging station was installed at Anne's Plainfield Country Convenience Store in April. Check out their report and pictures!