Taxes, Licenses and Resgistrations
The elected Town Clerk is responsible for vehicle registration services, marriage licenses, dog licenses, and voter registration. In addition, the clerk is responsible for conducting elections and maintaining vital records, including birth certificates and death certificates. These records and services are available at the Plainfield Town Office in the Village of Meriden.
|Property Inventories-PA28||April 15|
|Current Use Applications||April 15|
|Property tax abatements||March 1|
|Exemption/Tax Credit||April 15|
|Property Tax||July 1 & December 1|
|Dog Licenses||April 30|
|New Dogs||As soon as rabies shot is given|
- Property Tax
- Real estate tax bills are sent to property owners twice a year; in June and November. The first billing is based on the prior years rate. The second billing reflects any increases/decreases as the State sets the tax rate in November.
- Vehicle Registration
- New residents have 60 days to register their vehicles in New Hampshire. Residents who move have 10 days to inform the NH Division of Motor Vehicles of their new address. Registration renewals are due during the month of your birth if you own your vehicle. The date of registration renewal for leased vehicles is based on the first letter of the company that owns the vehicle; check your registration or inspection sticker for the month you must do the renewal.
- Dog Tags
- All dogs aged three months or older must have a license, which is renewed annually before April 30th. Owners must present a valid, current rabies certificate and spaying or neutering certificate, if applicable, at the time of licensing.
- Voter Registration
- You can register to vote with the Town Clerk during regular office hours. A picture ID, such as a drivers license, is required.
- Marriage Licenses
- New Hampshire residents must file an Intention of Marriage with a Town Clerk located in the state in which the marriage is going to take place. The fee is a $45 for the licenses and $15 for a certified copy, if desired. The license is valid for 90 days from the date of the filing. Drivers licenses or birth certificates and final divorce or death certificates must be presented at the time of filing.
- Marriage Licenses, Birth Certificates, Death Certificates
- The town office can now provide certified copies for residents for births, deaths, and marriages that occurred in the state of New Hampshire, with the following date restrictions: Birth - 1988 to present; Death - 1990 to present; Marriage - 1989 to present. Fee for this service is $15 for the first copy and $10 thereafter.