The planning board has three roles, or spheres of activity:
- The planning role, in which the board establishes a vision for the future of its community and identifies the steps necessary to achieve that vision;
- The legislative role, in which the board proposes ordinances and enacts regulations — the rules by which to achieve the vision; and
- The regulatory role, in which the board applies the ordinances and rules to specific situations in fulfillment of the vision.
In Plainfield, the Town Administrator plays an active role in assisting applicants throught the subdivision and siteplan review processes. Most questions related to the planning process can be answered by contacting the Town office.
1. "Planning Board Roles and Responsibilities", NH Office of Energy and Planning, 2013.
Note: All meeting minutes are in draft form. All proposals are unapproved. All meetings,unless otherwise noted, are held at the Meriden Town Hall, 110 Main Street. (map)
PLANNING BOARD MATERIALS FOR THE UPCOMING MEETING
Monday June 5th at 7:00pm
- 7:00pm Public Comment
- Harold Jones ref. Meriden Village Study Committee
- Master Plan work.
- 8:30pm Meeting adjourn