Zoning Board of Adjustment
Four groups are involved with the formulation and administration of a zoning ordinance and map: the planning board, the local legislative body, the administrative officer, and the board of adjustment.1
- Planning Board - primarily responsible for proposing the initial zoning ordinance and the zoning map, recommending amendments, holding public hearings on its own and petitioning amendments.
- Local Legislative Body - city council or town meeting - adopts the original ordinance and approves any changes that are proposed.
- Administrative Officer - local official, zoning administrator, building inspector or board of selectman who administers and enforces the ordinance and map as written.
- Board of Adjustment - hears appeals from any order, requirement, decision or determination made by an administrative official and administers special provisions in the ordinance dealing with variances and special exceptions.
ZBA Meeting Documents
ZONING BOARD MATERIALS FOR THE UPCOMING MEETING
(All meetings,unless otherwise noted, are held at the Meriden Town Hall, 110 Main Street)
Monday August 14th 2017 7:00pm Meriden Town Hall
- Site Plan Review Brite-Lite Electric #1214 Route 12A(G&S Trucking Blding) Application